Upon Acceptance to the Program
Upon acceptance, successful applicants will be required to provide/complete the following:
- Detailed medical information, including a record of up to date completion of required immunizations . These requirements must be fulfilled in order to meet the Health Standards set forth in the Ontario Public Hospitals Act, Section 4.2, Regulation 965.
- Evidence of Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (Adult and Child CPR) must also be provided. Students are required to have a valid CPR certificate throughout the two-year program. Students are responsible for submitting a copy of the certificate (front and back) as evidence of their recertification.
- A Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check (obtained at the applicant’s expense) is required upon entering the program. Information regarding requirements for Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check/Police Record Check is provided to accepted incoming students in the "Terms and Conditions of Your Offer to the BScPA Program".
- Complete a mandatory online pre-course in Medical Terminology (Cost approx. $50, at the applicant's expense). The course will take place in the summer (6 weeks in July and August) prior to the program start. 2020 start date to be determined.
Ontario’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Changes will likely occur as the province and its municipalities adjust to new data about the virus. In these circumstances, please be advised that changes to the program, including the manner of delivery of courses, services and possible limits on co-curricular and clinical opportunities, may become necessary. We thank you in advance for your flexibility during these challenging times as we work together to maintain the standards of excellence that are the hallmark of the BScPA Program.
As students in the PA program will be participating in clinical experiences in the first semester of the program, all requirements must be met before entry into the program.
- 2020_BScPA_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf (194.31 KB)
- 2020_BScPA_Tuition_Deposit_Response_and_Consent_Form.pdf (191.99 KB)
Deferred registrations will normally not be granted in the Program. Deferred registration may be granted only under exceptional circumstances.
The structure of the program requires that all students complete the entire 24 month curriculum from the beginning. There is no provision for advanced standing or transfer into the program.
Prior Learning Assessments will not be considered to grant credits towards the BScPA.
Full Time Status
The structure of the program requires that all students be registered in the program on a full-time basis. Attendance at all Residential and Evaluation components of the program and participation in all Distance components are mandatory.
Employment while enrolled in the full-time professional degree program is strongly discouraged.