Confidential Online Applicant Reference Form
Deadline: February 1, 2022
Each applicant to the BScPA Physician Assistant Professional Degree Program is required to secure one referee to complete the New Online Applicant Reference Form. It is the responsibility of the candidate to secure a referee who meets the requirements listed below. Should a referee not meet these requirements, the reference form will be deemed unacceptable, and therefore the application will be incomplete and may not be considered.
- Only one reference (the first received) will be accepted
- My referee has known me for at least 3 months
- My referee has knowledge of my performance as a health care provider
- My referee is in a position to make reasonable statements concerning my character, personal qualities, and clinical abilities/professional attitudes
- My referee has provided direct supervision in a clinical/research setting OR My referee has not supervised me in a clinical /research setting because I have worked independently with no direct supervision. My referee is a professional colleague or someone in a capacity to comment on my professional/clinical skills (e.g. a physician who referred patients to my services)
- I have not provided health care services to my referee
- I have not received health care services from my referee
- My referee is not a member of my family nor a friend
Instructions for Applicant
- Provide the New Online Applicant Reference Form to your referee to complete and submit directly on your behalf. The link to the reference form will be made available once the applicant has completed the supplemental application.
- Ensure that your referee completes the form by the deadline date.
- Candidates will be able to verify that the BScPA Program received the completed form from the referee after approximately two weeks, via the admissions portal at join.utoronto.ca. Referees will not receive a confirmation of receipt from the program.
Please note: References must use a professional email address. Gmail and Hotmail will not be accepted.
Instructions for the Referee
- Complete and submit the New Online Applicant Reference Form provided to you by the applicant.
- Ensure you complete the form by the deadline date.
- Ensure you use a professional email address in the form; Gmail and Hotmail will not be accepted.
- Once you submit, you are not able to make any edits.
Referees will not receive a confirmation of receipt from the program.
Questions about the form? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should an applicant progress to the vMMI interview, we will be performing random reference audits.